Here is what to do:
1. Emboss the flowers or other image on glossy cardstock with clear or white embossing powder.
2. Using a brayer, spread 1 coat of a lighter colored ink over the glossy card stock.
3. Cut or punch several sizes of circles from sticky note or other paper and place them over some of the embossed images.
4. Use the brayer again with a darker shade of ink.
5. Remove the circles and you will have a lighter area underneath.
6. Use a tissue to rub any excess ink off of the embossed areas.
7. Use the paper you made to create a beautiful card!
It was a fun technique. I had done steps 1 and 2 before but not 3,4,5 and so I definately learned something new.
I hope that group can get together soon for more sharing! I'll post some of the swap cards I got from that group later.
Talk to you soon,
On a Personal Note: I am too tired after going back to work to post much extra. I can barely keep up with a post a day. I am sure I will have to lessen it to like 3 per week or something. I just don't have enough time to stamp and show you creations! It is always hard getting on schedule. And, next week, when school really starts, I'll have to be there even earlier than I have been this week. I might die.
Anyway, life is adjusting around here. Zoe is enjoying school but comes home very tired and can be quite cranky. We try to give her a protein snack when she gets home (at the suggestion of my MIL) and that seems to help. Brett is loving his new job and that is such a blessing. I am so thrilled for him. This year I feel really cranky being back at work. There are a lot of changes and that is always hard to deal with but I'm not sure if that is where the crankiness comes from or not. I have so much to do to get ready yet we have had ZERO time to work in our rooms. We get a 1/2 day Friday. That is not enough! I hope these snarky thoughts go away. It is not possible to be a good teacher and incredibly grumpy at the same time.
Anyway, I am too tired to think of much more for this post. I'll be around. I promise!